Friday

Review: Cowardice

I’m too scared to read the comments on my last, antique post, from several decades ago.

I am also scared of spiders, the fucking horrible malicious eight-legged bastards. If some spiders had put nasty comments on my blog, that would be the worst thing.*

I was talking about one night stands with my friend, who writes operas. “Why would you dig a trench in the same place twice?” he asked, rhetorically. “Because you wanted a deeper, more profound trench,” I suggested. He explained that there's no time for that kind of behaviour because there's a war on.


*It would appear in the top five Worst Things (Trivial) and possibly even in the top twenty Worst Things (Actual).

Cowardice: Fine, I think, as long as there’s not a war on. 4 out of 10.

5 Comments:

At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sometimes too cowardly to read comments on my blog, or emails or text messages which may or may not have something I can't handle in them on that particular day. I usually find, though, that when I eventually screw up my courage and peer at them out of the corner of one eye, they are benign, whereas I get a horrible shock by nasty messages that I am expecting to be innocuous. Glad to see you back though.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger Milan said...

It's good to have you back.

As an individual, a bit of cowardice in wartime is probably a rather good thing. Hence all the effort to create a social stigma against it.

 
At 8:05 pm, Blogger Mr K said...

As an experienced coward, I feel that the mark should be somewhat higher. I was going to make some kind of joke about being too scared to tell you. But then I would have had to have killed myself.

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger ¡Benjaminista! said...

Cowards are just sensible heroes.

 
At 12:26 am, Blogger Tom Chivers said...

Your friend ought desist from the violation of trenches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home